Mexican Swordfish with Smokey Beans Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Swordfish steak, about 120g
- 1 tbsp. Mexican spice mix
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. Passata
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
Mexican Swordfish with Smokey Beans Recipe Method
1. First, mix 1 tsp. of olive oil with the spice mix and rub all over the swordfish steak. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tsp. of the olive oil in a small saucepan over a med-low heat. Sweat the onions for 5 minutes before adding the garlic and cook a further five minutes – stir often to ensure the garlic doesn’t burn
3. Add the passata, beans, spices and rosemary to the pan and heat on low for ten minutes while you cook the swordfish.
4. Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Add the swordfish and cook for 3 minutes each side. Set aside to rest for a couple of minutes before serving with the beans and a salad, some sweetcorn or a fresh salsa, if liked.
Recipe created specially for you by nutritionist & chef, Elodie Oliver, in collaboration with Rolandas PT4U
Swordfish is a great source of protein, potassium and omega 3, as well as containing almost all of your recommended daily intake of vitamin D. The addition of the beans and a salad or similar, makes this a well-balanced meal ideal for those in training.
Mexican Swordfish with Smokey Beans Recipe-For Protein, Steady Energy & Muscle Pain Alleviation
Swordfish is a good source of protein, and those good old cannellini beans have many benefits, including giving you steady energy. Our featured ingredient, rosemary, can help alleviate muscle pain.
Carbs 90g (32g starch)
Featured Ingredient: Rosemary
Down through the centuries rosemary has been used for its medicinal properties and great taste! Check out some of its main benefits.
Rosemary can help alleviate muscle pain. This tasty, nutritious herb is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds and anti-oxidants.Rosemary can also boost your immune and circulatory systems.