Chicken Salad Wraps Ingredients
- 1 Chicken breast, cooked
- 2 Large seeded or wholemeal wraps
- 2 tbsp. Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. Low-fat mayonnaise
- 1-2 Celery sticks, finely diced
- 1/2 Small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. Dried cranberries or sultanas
- 1 tbsp. Sweetcorn
- 1 tbps. Sprouted seeds (optional)
Chicken Salad Wraps Method
1. Chop the chicken and place in a bowl with all the other ingredients. Mix well.
2. Lay out the wraps and place half the chicken mixture along the middle, leaving a ½ inch gap at either side. Fold in the sides and then roll up the wrap away from you to enclose the filling and the sides.
3. Either wrap in cling film to store in the fridge or take with you, or halve and eat right away.
Recipe created specially for you by nutritionist & chef, Elodie Oliver, in collaboration with Rolandas PT4U
Chicken Salad Wraps-Good For Bone Building
Vitamin K plays an essential role in building strong bones. However it also helps to prevent heart disease, as well as being crucial for a range of other bodily processes.
Carbs 48g (26g starch)
Featured Ingredient: Celery
Celery is an excellent source of both molybdenum and vitamin K. Molybdenum serves predominantly as an essential co-factor of human and animal enzymes. It helps you to metabolise fats and carbohydrates. Vitamin K is best known for its role in blood clotting. A fat-soluble vitamin, vitamin K as mentioned above is also important for building strong bones, helping to prevent heart disease, as well as aiding in other bodily processes.
Celery is also an important source of potassium, folate, manganese, dietary fibre and panthothenic acid. Its also a good source for B vitamins – B2 and B6, vitamin C, copper magnesium, plus vitamin A.