Baked Sweet Potato with Chipotle Chicken Ingredients
- 1 large, or 2 small Sweet potatoes
- 1 Chicken breast, ready cooked
- 1 Chicken leg, ready cooked
- 1 tsp. Chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- 25g Sweetcorn
- 1/2 Small red onion, finely chopped
- Salad, to serve
Baked Sweet Potato with Chipotle Chicken Method
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Prick the potato/s all over with a fork and place on a baking tray. Cook for 35-40 minutes then turn off the oven but leave the potatoes in for a further 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, shred the white and dark chicken meat and place in a bowl. Add the yoghurt, chipotle paste, red onion and sweetcorn. Mix well.
3. Take the potatoes out of the oven, split open and top with the chicken mixture.
4. Serve immediately, with salad.
Recipe created specially for you by nutritionist & chef, Elodie Oliver, in collaboration with Rolandas PT4U
Baked Sweet Potato with Chipotle Chicken-Protein Rich Post Workout Food
Sweet potatoes are full of nutrients and are an excellent post-workout food. It is delicious paired with a bit of spice and protein-rich chicken. The dark meat is used in this recipe due to its higher nutrient content – dark meat contains a lot more zinc, iron and potassium for example, than breast meat. If you are limiting calories, use a mix of white and dark meat to lower the fat content.
Carbs 72g (44g starch)
Featured Ingredient: Sweet Potato
Looking for some Vitamin A? Look no further! Sweet potatoes offer more than 400% of your daily Vitamin A requirements in just one spud! Packed also with plenty of potassium and fibre, as well as vitamin C and vitamin B6. A super source of beta-carotene, sweet potatoes also provide you with folate, vitamin E, zinc, phosphorus, calcium and iron.